I recently got an email asking what my favorite healthy snacks are. In general, I try not to snack, but when I do- it’s Dos Equis. I kid. When I do, I opt for high protein, wheat-free options.
My Favorite Snacks:
- Kind Bars- gluten free, GMO free, natural, whole ingredients. The BEST bars for on the go!
- String Cheese- free of growth hormones (see more here)
- Beef Jerky- Organic, happy cows
- Popcorn- Organic or GMO-free corn. I like to pop kernels with truffle oil & sea salt
- Light Kettle Corn- Trader Joe’s makes a light, single serving size
- Mary’s Gone Crackers with melted cheese
- Trail Mix with Organic nuts and seeds
- Deviled Eggs free range eggs
When I asked on Facebook, here’s what you said were your favorite, healthy snacks.
Your Favorite Snacks:
- Dates (nature’s candy)
- Clementines (also nature’s candy)
- Apples dipped in Peanut Butter
- Jicama Chips with Guacamole
- Peas (both English & Snap Peas)
- Frozen Bananas with Dark Chocolate
- Frozen Grapes
- Half a Cantaloupe scooped by spoon
Yum, lots of good eats! As an observation, your favorite snacks look to be higher on the glycemic index than my selections. That said, they’re also less processed than my choices. What other great, wholesome snacks do you enjoy??