The NY Doctor:
His most interesting points (italics mine):
- “Many scientists believe there’s a direct correlation between eating GM foods and the rapid rise in rates of severe food allergies, gut disorders, neurological problems, reproductive issues and many other diseases.”
- “Equally alarming is a growing mountain of scientific evidence demonstrating that GMOs have killed animals in numerous feeding studies, and sickened others by triggering reproductive problems, weakened immunity and shortening life expectancies.”
The Midwest Farmer:
Aside from Dr.Lipman’s article, here’s a farmer who sold, promoted, and used Genetically Engineered seeds on his farm. The result? 80% of his pigs became infertile from the corn.
The European Study:
The first and ONLY long term study ever conducted on GE corn was recently done in France. Food and Water Watch summarized the results (italics mine):
- Female rats fed Roundup ready GE corn developed mammary tumors caused by the disruptive effects of Roundup on the female reproductive hormone, estrogen.
- Both male and female rats fed GE feed had severe liver and kidney damage, and the damage was not necessarily dose dependent. The symptoms were similar for animals fed high and low diets of GE corn.
- 50 percent of males and 70 percent of females died prematurely compared with 30 percent and 20 percent of the control group (rats fed a non-GE diet).
- In groups treated with trace Roundup levels in their water, 70 to 80 percent of the rats had 1.4-2.4 times more abnormalities in their pituitary glands than the controls. The pituitary gland is a vital hormone-producing part of the brain responsible or controlling signals for growth, metabolism, stress and fertility.
- The first detectable tumors occurred 4-7 months into the study, which shows the need for feeding studies longer than just 90 days!
The Uniformed American Public: